Tonight I felt like changing it up a bit! Something fun, similar to take out and super tasty! Trying something new here!
Introducing my Tonight I tried my spicy honey ginger garlic chicken with stir fried gai lan over basmati rice. Let’s do it!
Coat the chicken:
3 chicken breasts, cut into strips
4/5 tblsp cornstarch
Salt and pepper
Vegetable oil for frying
1 cup honey
5 garlic gloves, chopped
3 tblsp ginger, grated
5 tblsp soy sauce
3 tblsp sriracha sauce
3 tblsp water
Salt and pepper
Gai Lan (Chinese broccoli):
1 bunch of gai lan, washed
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1/2 cup water
2 tblsp vegetable oil
1 Thai chili, chopped (optional)
Basmati rice, cooked to package instructions
1. Prepare chicken in cornstarch mixture. Coat all pieces and set aside.
2. Heat oil coating the bottom of a pan. Set temperate to medium-high.
3. Place chicken in pan and cook about 5 minutes per side; depending on the size of the pieces of chicken. The internal temperature once cooked should be 165 ºF. You’ll see your chicken should be done when it no longer sticks to the bottom of the pan. It should also have started to brown. Transfer to a plate with paper towel on the bottom to remove any excess oils. This may need to be done in a few batches.
4. To make the sauce, combine all ingredients together and whisk.
5. In a separate pan, heat the sauce until bubbling.
6. Add the chicken and stir to cook together. You will soon see the sauce stick to the chicken and form a candy like consistency. Your chicken is now done!
7. To cook the gai lan; cut the stems first and cook together in a non-stick pan with the vegetable oil, garlic and chili peppers.
8. Once the stems are less crisp, add the leafy parts.
9. Add water and cover to cook for a few minutes.
10. Once cooked, you will notice the leaves have a very bright colour. Add salt and pepper to taste.
11. Serve chicken and gai lan over a bed of fluffy basmati rice.
12. Add chopped green onions and toasted sesame seeds.
13. Enjoy your restaurant quality dinner!
Such an exciting night, hope you try this new favorite!